On February 14, 2019, representatives from Ontario’s healthcare sector are invited to the Greenbelt Fund’s speaker panel and Vendor Food Fair on the Role of Local Food in Healthcare, taking place at the University of Toronto’s Chestnut Conference Centre from 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Morning presentations will showcase research and projects that explore how local food can be an avenue to greater patient and resident health, steps taken to action on local food in healthcare, and successful partnerships on the development of local products for the healthcare sector.
The afternoon features a Vendor Food Fair, showcasing vendors with products appropriate for hospitals and long-term care homes to generate new product connections for healthcare purchasers.
Attendees will learn about:
- What the Canadian research says about the significance of mealtimes and patient health
- Projects that explore how local food can be an avenue to greater patient and resident health
- Practical steps to purchasing more local food in healthcare
- Opportunities for working with manufacturers on local food product innovation
- New local food vendors suitable for healthcare
The event is designed for healthcare professionals (dietitians, hospital and long term care home healthcare staff), foodservice staff and managers, food procurement staff and managers, farmers and vendors supplying or are interested in selling to healthcare institutions, processors and manufacturers currently listed with a distributor working with a healthcare purchaser, distributors interested in local food vendors, producers and processors.
For more information and to register, visit the Greenbelt Fund website here.